Monday, October 23, 2006

Paul Scholes scores Goals


He has gone and scores another one. Against the biggest rivals of my favourite team. Paul Scholes has appeared 500 times for Manchester United & he celebrated the oocasion with a goal against Liverpool. And this interview was on Man Utd site commemorating his 500 appearences for the club.

"Paul Scholes gives ManUtd.com an insight into his favourite goals and the best players he has played with and against...

Best goal scored
It was probably the volley at Bradford from Becks’ corner. There was also one against Panathinaikos where I chipped the keeper, which I think was a better team goal. We had about 25 passes before I scored, I think. It was definitely one of my favourites, but probably the Bradford volley is the best.

Best goal seen
I'd have to say Ryan Giggs against Arsenal in the FA Cup. It was just unbelievable. I was asking him to square it - I don't know why and I'm glad he didn't! He just smashed it in the top corner. It was an unbelievable goal and with the circumstances it was in, it was amazing.

Best player played with
Ryan Giggs. Well, Ryan or Roy Keane. They’re very different players but if I had to choose one it would be Ryan. He can do anything with a ball.

Best player played against
Rivaldo. Zidane and Ronaldinho are obviously fantastic players but watching Rivaldo was brilliant. We played against him at Barcelona and also at the World Cup with England and he was just amazing. He was different class in the two 3-3 draws with us and when Brazil knocked England out of the World Cup.

Best stadium
It's got to be Old Trafford, there's nowhere else to play! I like playing at Newcastle's ground, actually. There's always a good atmosphere, the crowd really get behind their team and we always tend to do well there. "

What a special & humble player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Website Design
Website Design