Sunday, October 30, 2005

An Ogre & a Hobbit

Finally did what I wanted do for sometime. Namely watch Shrek & buy "The Hobbit". I had watched Shrek 2 & wanted to find the first one, but has been unlucky until last Friday. Finally it came to my favorite DVD shop in a collection including Toy Story Series. It was as expected. Which is pretty damn good.


And then on Saturday I found The Hobbit which has been eluding me since I finished reading the LOTR trilogy. I was looking for Judas Unchanged by Peter F Hamilton ( Having read the first one of the commonwealth series Pandora’s Star ) but instead found Hobbit. Still I’m reading it so I can’t say much about it other than it is written in quite a different style to LOTR. Hobbit was initially intended for children & it follows a story telling theme. LOTR was written more in line with conventional methods while Hobbit tends to be funny quite often. It is proving to be an enjoyable read & I’m only halfway through. Can’t wait to go back home & finish it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Orikinla Osinachi. said...

Have a great day.

October 31, 2005 4:11 AM  
Blogger Orikinla Osinachi. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 31, 2005 4:11 AM  
Blogger Joker said...

i loved the hobbit. Enjoy the book!

November 01, 2005 12:08 AM  
Blogger weenie said...

I've read The Hobbit a couple of times and yes, its style is different from LOTR but still enjoyable.
I have Pandora's Star on my to read list - am trying to avoid buying books so am trying to find it in my local library.
Came here via Blog Explosion - hi! :)

November 04, 2005 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Website Design
Website Design