Monday, June 13, 2005

Another Week, Another Post

Went home after a long time. Actually after 1 1/2 months. Mother is not happy at all. I know I should visit her oftener since now my sister is away from home too. But the only free day I get is sunday & considering the distance to my home ( 110 km ) its not a easy task. Anyway I'll try my best to visit moreoften.

Since I decided to blog, I wanted find readers for it. And I found www.blogexplosion.com. It had some cool features & thousands of blogs to browse through. It promises to direct more traffic to the users blog.

Anyway the weekend was an eventfull two days for every Sri Lanakan. The fast unto Death that was started by Venerable Omalpe Sobitha to stop the proposed Joint Mechanism between the government & LTTE terrorists to rebuild the Tsunami effeted areas was ended after President Kumarathunga promised that she will provide the document for review. All most every Sri Lankan is preplexed about the thing because no one knows what the hell it is. All we know is what the politicians tell us & you can bet that it is very different from one to another. And the funny ( or pathetic ) part is almost no one has seen the document. But they just tell whatever they feel about it.

Sadly that is how the democracy works in third world. Politicians main ambition is to get elected another term so he can go on accepting bribes, commisions, etc. People & country comes a distance second ( sometimes they don't come at all). The general public is left to tend to themselves & thats why the gulf between rich & poor is keep widenining.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Freddie U. Charles Kensington, Jr. said...

I completely agree with your comment, "People & country comes a distance second ( sometimes they don't come at all)." I think all the people should be educated on how to overcome this. Otherwise, over a period of time, people will get completely disenchanted and bored with the hole process. And that will be bad news for the future of the human race... Please do put up some more suggestions of yours on how people could be educated on this issue.

June 14, 2005 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Website Design
Website Design